Tulsi, Mint and Lemon Verbena Tea Recipe
Take the leaves of any mint, a couple of sprigs of lemon verbena or lemon balm, and a long flower or a few leaves of Tulsi.
Place them all in a teapot. Bring water to the boil and pour over the herbs.
Fairy Tale Eggplant and Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Spiced Yogurt
½ cup plain yogurt (I use low-fat or whole milk yogurt)
1 clove garlic, mashed
½ teaspoon lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
pinch of cayenne to taste
pinch of cumin to taste
½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and chopped
1 cup cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
2 green onions, sliced, including some of the green
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 can (1½ cups) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
crumbled feta, to taste
Fairy Tale Eggplant
¾ pound fairy tale eggplant, halved
1½ tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the spiced yogurt and mix well. Add seasonings as desired (I usually add up to ⅛ teaspoon each of cumin and cayenne pepper). Set aside in the fridge.
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables for the quinoa salad. Combine the cooled quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, and chickpeas.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Add the olive oil to a medium-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fairy tale eggplants, cut side down. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until the eggplants begins to brown. Flip the eggplants and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until the eggplant are tender.
- On each plate, arrange the quinoa salad, desired amount of eggplant, and sprinkle with crumbled feta and drizzle with spiced yogurt. Serve immediately.
- If you anticipate having leftovers, leave the lemon and olive oil dressing for the quinoa on the side and toss it right before serving (otherwise the cucumbers will wilt).
Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Save on Carbs with this Recipe!
2 medium – zucchini
1 pound – beef, ground, 95% lean
1/2 medium – onion
1/2 medium – bell pepper, red
2 medium – carrot
3 clove – garlic
15 ounce – tomato sauce
1 tablespoon – Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon – oregano, dried
1 teaspoon – basil, dried
1/8 teaspoon – salt