Basil Dandelion Pesto Recipe:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T. sunflower or pumpkin seeds. (pine nuts work too)
- 3/4 c. loosely packed dandelion leaves
- 3/4 c. loosely pack basil leaves
- 3/4 c. of quality olive oil
- 1 T Nutritional Yeast (secret ingredient)
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed and strained from seeds
- In a food processor, chop the garlic and seeds finely.
- Remove basil leaves from stalk, and strip dandelion from stems, loosely chop. Add greens to food processor and chop for 1 minute.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in 1/2c. of olive oil. Continue adding oil until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and lemon.
- Toss with cooked pasta and broccoli. Extra can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks of 3 months in the freezer.
Garlic Flowers - Edible Flowers for Cooking & Garnishing:
When used as an ingredient or simply a garnish, edible flowers can be an inspiration, and give a pop for the simplest of meals. They’ll add a fresh flourish of color and introduce unusual flavors to your dishes. Brighten your recipes by adding flowers. Use them for cooking, to flavor to your food, or liven up libations. Flowers delight our senses in so many ways – sight, smell, touch – bring the surprising accent of flowers to treat your taste buds as well.